Friday, August 17, 2012

From Paducah With Love

We started the drive from Iowa City to Atlanta today, and I'm ending my day in Paducah, Kentucky.  Driving for eight hours gave me a lot of time to think.  I started my drive asking, "Why in the world am I doing this?" And over the course of my drive I came up with some good answers.  I want to be in ministry. I want to help people see all their neighbors as fellow children of God.  I want to teach Biblical scholarship and theology in the church setting. I want to help people develop their prayer lives.  I want to do mission work in the local and global settings. In the end, I want to make disciples for the transformation of the world.  If moving to Atlanta will help me accomplish those goals, then it's worth it.  That's why I'm doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment