Monday, August 20, 2012

Meeting New Classmates and Getting Settled

Today was a really good day.  I went to a pre-orientation event at the seminary and got to meet some new classmates. The session was about how to live frugally in Atlanta and we went to an indoor farmer's market.  I tasted fruits I never knew existed, and had a ton of fun.
Meanwhile, my apartment was getting cleaned and repainted.  My father and roommate actually moved all my boxes and furniture into the apartment while I was out.  I came back and was able to set up my bed and put some food in the fridge.  The place looks so much better now that it's clean, and I'm starting to see how I can live there.
Dad leaves tomorrow and I'll be on my own.  I'm excited to try to figure this place out.  I just keep on thinking, "Toto, we're not in Nebraska anymore".

No comments:

Post a Comment