Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sunday, Wonderful Sunday

After the disappointments of yesterday, I was excited to find a church nearby and go worship.  I went to the relaxed contemporary style worship service called CAYA (Come As You Are) at Decatur First UMC, and I highly recommend the experience.  It was very warm and welcoming, and I loved the pride everyone had in being United Methodist.
After church, we walked down into a little downtown area and had lunch at an authentic French cafe.  The food was spectacular.  And after walking around that area, I have to say, I really like Decatur.  This is a very nice little city attached to Atlanta.
We also went to IKEA today, and I noticed that there were at least 5 different languages being spoken by the people around me.  There was a lot of diversity.
For the first time, I'm feeling like I can settle down and live here for a while.  When I visited the school before, I liked it, but I really was uncertain about living in such a large city.  Now I'm starting to get excited about exploring the city more.
Tomorrow I'm going to a pre-orientation workshop at the seminary about living cheap in Atlanta.  I can't wait to meet some of my new classmates, and explore thrift shops around the area.
Thank God for a wonderful Sunday.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment